1. DATA COLLECTED. While using this website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. When you register for the conference, we ask you to provide us with your name, employer, title/role, email address, phone number, mailing address, and the type/size of the company/organization you work for.
We also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This data may include the time and date of your visit, IP addresses, browser type, browser version, pages visited, time spent on those pages, cookie identifiers, geographic location, and other similar information/statistics related to the usage of this website. Nearly all of the web usage data we collect is anonymous and The Financial Brand cannot directly connect any of it back to the personally identifiable information we have on record for you.
If you want to see what data we have on record for you, please send us your request in an email.
2. COOKIES. By visiting our site, third parties (such as Google, Facebook and AdRoll) may place cookies within your browser(s) for targeted advertising purposes.
3. CREDIT CARD PAYMENT INFORMATION. The Financial Brand does not collect nor store any credit card information. All credit card transactions for the Forum conference are handled by third parties.
4. USE OF DATA. The Financial Brand, our partners, and sponsors of the Forum conference may use your data in the following ways:
a. Conference Communications. The Financial Brand and our sponsors may use personally identifiable information that you provide us when registering for communications related to the conference, including invitations to dinners, private functions, parties, and other similar offers. You will also receive email newsletters from The Financial Brand. If you don’t want The Financial Brand to contact you, please send us your request in an email — just be advised that you will not receive any emails from us about the conference (e.g., where to check-in, changes in the schedule, surveys about your preferences and dietary restrictions, etc.).
b. Conference Attendee List. The Financial Brand publishes and circulates a list of conference attendees that includes the name of your company/organization, your title/role, your city + state or country, and your institution’s asset tier (where applicable). This list is publicly distributed online and via email. If you don’t want to be included in this database, please send us your request in an email.
c. Attendee Direct Mail List. Most of the companies sponsoring The Financial Brand Forum will receive a digital spreadsheet listing all attendees at the conference, including your name, title/role, employer, mailing address, and the type/size of the company/organization you work for. If you don’t want to be included in this spreadsheet, please send us your request in an email.
d. Attendee Email List. A limited number of companies sponsoring The Financial Brand Forum will receive a digital spreadsheet listing all attendees at the conference, including your name, title/role, employer, mailing address, email address and the type/size of the company/organization you work for. If you don’t want to be included in this database, please send us your request in an email.
e. Badge Scanning. When/if you attend the Forum conference, your attendee badge will include a QR code linking to your personally identifiable information, including your name, title/role, employer, mailing address, email address, phone number, and the type/size of the company/organization you work for. When you allow a sponsor at the Forum conference to scan the QR code on your badge, you are giving them access to this information and granting them permission to use that information to communicate with you. Whenever you allow a sponsor to scan your badge, any issues surrounding how that data is stored, used and managed becomes the sponsor’s responsibility, and they are required to adhere to whatever privacy policies and/or data management regulations may apply.
f. Advertising. Data collected by The Financial Brand may be used by third parties (such as Google, Facebook and AdRoll) to target advertising on other sites based on your online activity.
g. Sale of Data. In the context of California’s CCPA rules, The Financial Brand does not “sell” your data to any third party with the exceptions noted in items (b), (c), (d), and (e) in this section. If you don’t want your data/information circulated to our sponsor’s — in any fashion — please let us know and send us your request in an email.
5. OPT OUT. You can be removed from all email marketing campaigns related to the Forum conference and/or request that The Financial Brand stops sending you any emails altogether; please send us your request in an email. You can also opt out of targeted advertising campaigns by visiting networkadvertising.org/choices where you can manage your online advertising preferences.
6. SECURITY. We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Only employees and agents who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. If we ever experience a data breach and/or your information is compromised, we will contact you within 72 hours from the time the breach is first discovered.